Live Online Practical Project Management
Projects are all around us. Virtually every organization runs projects, either
formally or informally. We are engaged in projects at home and at work. Planning
principles, and execution methodologies can offer ways in which projects can be
run more effectively and efficiently.
Project management provides organizations (and individuals) with the language
and the frameworks for scoping projects, sequencing activities, utilizing
resources, and minimizing risks.
This Live Online six (6) 4-hour session course is designed to teach both Project
Management Professionals and non-Project Management Professionals the
fundamentals principles of project management. Participants will learn how to
identify and schedule project resources, create project schedules, and produce
critical path planning and evaluation reports. These learning objectives are
reinforced by a course project that allows participants to apply the principles and
use the tools introduced in the class.
The training is design to:
· Explore the life cycle of a project and the key activities within each
· Describe what project management is and discuss key elements of the
project management framework.
· Describe each stage in the project cycle
· Describe the importance of project plan, including scoping, sequencing
tasks, and determining a critical path.
· Understand the elements that make risk analysis.
Upon completion, participants will be able to:
· Set clear project goals and objectives
· Create a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and WBS dictionary
· Allocate resources
· Develop project schedules
· Develop a project budget
· Use basic project management tools
A. Project Management Overview
B. Project Life Cycles
o Initiate Project
o Planning – Project Plan Development
§ 7 Steps of Project Schedule Development
o Project Execution & Control
o Project Closure