Basic Electricity - Eight 3-hr. sessions
In this course, trainees will be introduced to Alternating Current (AC) and Direct Current (DC) in fundamentals and their applications. Concepts of circuits made in parallel and circuits made in series will be introduced and applied. Use of measurement devices such as digital volt-ohm-ampere meters, continuity and polarity devices will be introduced and used in hands-on application. Concepts of inductance and capacitance will be described and applied. Use of combination circuits along with their application and measurement will be covered. Use of circuit application including inductance and capacitance and use of transformers will be covered. A combination of online learning reinforced with hands-on application activities will be used.
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Define basic electrical circuits including those using AC and DC electricity
- Identify electrical measurement devices and their uses
- Demonstrate the use of electrical measurement devices in AC and DC applications including voltage, resistance, current and continuity
- Explain combination, inductive and capacitance circuits
- Explain transformers and their uses